Deviant since Nov 1, 2006 | Core Member until Dec 10, 2017
This is the place where you can personalize your profile!
By moving, adding and personalizing widgets.
You can drag and drop to rearrange.
You can edit widgets to customize them.
The bottom has widgets you can add!
Some widgets you can only access when you get Core Membership.
Some widgets have options that are only available when you get Core Membership.
We've split the page into zones!
Certain widgets can only be added to certain zones.
"Why," you ask? Because we want profile pages to have freedom of customization, but also to have some consistency. This way, when anyone visits a deviant, they know they can always find the art in the top left, and personal info in the top right.
Don't forget, restraints can bring out the creativity in you!
Now go forth and astound us all with your devious profiles!
Current Residence: Empire City Favourite genre of music: Classic rock and assorted alternatives Favourite style of art: vintage comicbook Favourite cartoon character: Stephanie Brown Personal Quote: One of the perks of being a superheroine is getting to play dress-up every day.
Favorite visual artistDave StevensFavorite moviesKing Kong; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Sucker Punch; DreddFavorite TV showsBuffy; Angel; Cleopatra2525; Avatar; The Daily Show; MASHFavorite bands / musical artistsTrespassers William; Straitjackets; Led Zeppelin; Al StewartFavorite booksPodkayne of Mars; Rite of Passage; Free Zone; Space Relations; Pride and PrejudiceFavorite writersRobert Heinlien; Bryan Miller; Al EwingFavorite gamesSpace Invaders; Donkey Kong; StreetfighterOther Interestsheroine peril in comics and movies
Okay, people, you can thank since he tagged me to do this eight facts meme about my Valerie DeVille character.
1. Valerie was originally created as a nemesis for my heroic Danger Doll team. I can't recall at this point if she predates the millennium, but I suspect some version of her does. The idea was that she would be larger than life, dark and perfect in every way. A paraphrasing of the Galadriel line from LOTR when she is offered the ring is how I view Valerie. "I will be your mistress, so terrible and beautiful to behold that all shall gaze upon me and despair." Here is a video I found of Rowena Scibelli, the first model I recall imagining as a physical representation.
2. The name Valerie comes from that of an intern and friend who was over six feet tall and very vivacious. The last name DeVille just seemed a good fit with the voodoo origins of the Dark Dominatrix as the character developed.
3. The character prefers to be thought of as "Vivacious" Val rather than the "Vicious" Val moniker that wrestling announcers have assigned her.
4. Because, while Valerie, as the Dark Dominatrix, enjoys dominating heroines as entertaining sport, her real ambition is to gain power over others, be loved like a goddess and eventually rule the world.
5. To that end Valerie has made herself into the leading fetish fashion designer for the rich, influential and decadent through a very successful line of fetishwear and chain of high-end boutiques known as "Second Skin."
6. Val enjoys playing the Dark Dominatrix spokesperson part so much that the fantasy of the advertising gimmick has blurred into reality for her and any unfortunate caught within her Second Skin restraints.
7. Valerie is inhumanly powerful, nigh invulnerable and commands an army of the old ones' fleas, amphibious creatures the Danger Dolls call Froglodytes.
8. Valerie has a mysterious mansion on a difficult-to-locate island that seemingly floats about a dark tract of swamp in Louisiana that is crawling with thousands or perhaps millions of Froglodytes, not to mention the even more terrible unmentionable tentacled thing with uncountable gaping eyes and yawning maws.